Young Women as Social Entrepreneurs, path to better life - WomenPRO project aims to motivate young girls and women leaving in rural areas and remote areas to find employment in their regions by providing them with an integral and holistic training course, tailored to their specific needs. The project focuses on empowering them in order to realize that they can start their own business.
The project general objective is to enhance and promote social entrepreneurship spirit among young women by raising awareness and supporting them in evolving their skills in entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Enhance the development of competencies for entrepreneurship of young girls in the project countries,
- Foster and widen the competencies of EU teaching staff, sharing the possibility to use innovative approach,
- Develop the innovative approach to competency development in digital age,
- Contribute to unification of the educational and training standards to recognize the learning outcomes, and also
- To track the competency development of young people to prepare them to successful entering the labour marker
A strategic partnership of 4 expert organizations from 4 European countries (Poland, Cyprus, Lithuania and Bulgaria) is formed in order to ensure maximal disseminations and exploitation in the EU. These organizations are Polska Fundacja Ośrodków Wspomagania Rozwoju Gospodarczego "OIC Poland" -Poland, Eurosuccess Consulting – Cyprus, Social Innovation Fund - Lithuania and AVA Creations Foundation - Bulgaria. The programme’s duration is 24 months, which began in May 2018 and will be completed in April 2020.
During the project implementation four main intellectual outputs will be developed:
- A didactic methodology for WomenPRO training course;
- A modular training course with 5 main modules which follow a b-learning approach combining self-study with peer-to-peer activities and work with a coach;
- A coaches’ manual that will be a guidebook for the coaches of the young women into social entrepreneurship;
- Interactive exercises and tests to help the trainees perform self-assessment during and after the training course.
All outputs will be available in English, Polish, Greek, Lithuanian and Bulgarian languages.